Frequently Asked Questions

What Clothing should I pack?

A few long and short sleeved shirts, long pants, sweaters and a jacket. If you plan on doing a night drive, do bring a pair of gloves and a jacket that will keep the wind out. A good pair of walking / hunting boots, sun cream and a hat. Camouflaged clothing is allowed.

What Permits & Licenses do I need?

All your hunting licenses are included in your daily rate.

Do I need any special vaccines or malaria medication?

No compulsory vaccinations are needed. South Africa is malaria-free.

Is the water safe to drink?

Tap water is purified and safe to drink.

What is the power supply voltage for South Africa?

Power supply is 220/240 volt 50 cycle.

What is the currency?

Currency is the Rand, which is divided into 100 cents.

Are there any taxes required by South Africa for international hunters?

The V.A.T tax of 14% is levied on most goods and services. Prices displayed on all goods are inclusive of V.A.T. Keep receipts for goods purchased for more than R250.00, as V.A.T payments will be refunded for these items at any of the international airports before your departure. VAT is not charged on your hunting packages.

What do you recommend for tipping?

A 10 – 15% gratuity is the norm at many establishments.

Do I need my driver’s license?

Any valid drivers license is accepted in South Africa, provided it bears the photograph and signature of the holder and is printed in English. If your license does not comply, you should obtain an International Driving Permit before departure from your country.

Is there any available cellphone reception:

We do have cellphone reception at SKS properties and reception received is from Vodacom provider.